Consulting Software Engineer
Linux Systems Engineer
Linux systems administration and automation, database web
application software engineering, MySQL database server implementation, DevOps projects, network design, etc. Clients include
large, medium, and small businesses in Canada, the USA, and Africa.
- Internet/Intranet server selection, installation, configuration, documentation, and/or training — web, e-mail, proxy, firewall, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Software engineering with emphasis on Linux-Apache-PHP-MySQL (LAMP) or Linux "full stack" development projects
- Documentation writing and editing
- IT project planning and management
- Network monitoring systems (NMS) with emphasis on SevOne and Zabbix
- Server and network security audits and improvements
- Please see the Services section for more details.
- Foreign citizenship assistance for clients in restricted countries (e.g., much of Africa) to facilitate travel to Canada.
- Domain name registration.
- Managed web, e-mai, and database hosting.
- The Internet's original Linux ISP How-To
First published in 1999, the ISP How-To has been expanded and turned into a wiki that permits others to participate in the sharing of information. The How-To is a non-commercial (i.e., free) offering, intended for those who have substantial knowledge and want to do build and configure a network of Linux servers themselves.
- Web content filtering for ISPs who wish to offer a Christian or family-oriented service.
- Stapler DNS configuration management software.